A Yoga-Based Program for the Management of Type 2 Diabetes
Positive clinical and metabolic changes in persons with Type 2 diabetes have been observed in as little as one practice session. Researchers have discovered that doing Yoga can not only alleviate the symptoms of diabetes, but also suggest that yoga therapy can prevent, treat, and sometimes reverse the effects of diabetes.
Yoga is safe, inexpensive, and has no harmful side effects. It can be practiced by anyone, anywhere, regardless of age, physical ability (or disability). Yoga is more than just physical exercise, it’s a comprehensive holistic discipline for health and healing…one that considers body, mind, and Sprit. So get on that mat!
“The practice and study of Yoga helps to bring about a balance of body and mind through which the natural state of health can begin to manifest.”
– Sri Dharma Mittra
- Understanding the problem: What is Diabetes exactly and how can it be reversed?
- Gentle yoga asana sequences: Appropriate for any age level or physical ability.
- Pranayama breathing techniques: Proven to reduce blood pressure and fasting glucose levels
- Meditation: Right Knowledge, insight, and Mindfulness
- A look at Ayurvedic Medicine: Nutrition and balancing of the Doshas
- Study of Yamas and Niyamas: Ethical observances and positive habits and behaviors